Intelligent City is looking for an experienced candidate to join and lead our business development and sales team. We are looking for individuals that can combine creativity, ambition and productivity in the advancement of our new business and growth strategies. Your experience in the multi-family residential and mixed-use multi-storey construction industry helps us in defining the key players and needs of the sector. You will identify potential clients and then develop and maintain revenue-generating relationships for innovative mass-timber building projects. You will work directly with our CEO and COO, and collaborate daily with our technology and architecture teams to make sure projects are properly identified and managed. You will help to develop clear strategies and tactics to expand and accelerate our market traction.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Company’s leadership team for business and growth strategies
- Research markets, qualify leads and pursue prospects to generate new business for the company
- Make cold calls and maintain contact with prospects and clients through telephone, e-mail, and video conferencing.
- Build and maintain key relationships with significant prospects
- Maintain entries in the Company’s prospect tracking system
- Coordinate sales efforts with the Company’s leadership team to perform joint-selling activities
- Attend conferences to generate new leads of qualified prospects
- Develop responses to requests for proposals and follow up through the prospect’s evaluation process
- Provide support to leadership in deal negotiations, contract development, and due diligence
- Generate necessary documentation to assist in deal closing (presentations, engagement letters, etc.)
Required Skills and Experience:
- A post-secondary degree in marketing, development, business, or related fields.
- A thorough understanding of the need for sustainable, affordable and livable urban housing.
- An ability to understand housing needs and challenges, and relate them to the Company’s solutions.
- Experience in creating sales pipelines in the construction, housing or real estate industry.
- Ability to communicate complex issues with clarity and simplicity.
- Creativity and experience for multi-objective problem solving
- Experience doing business development in a high-growth environment
- A demonstrated ability to foster client relationships and build multi-million dollar sales funnels
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to convert momentum to traction.
- Experience in marketing material and proposal copy editing
- Experience in closing sales with private landowners, land developers and housing societies
- Understanding of government mass-timber building regulations and funding mechanisms for housing
- Knowledge of the non-profit and affordable housing sectors
- General experience in the architecture, engineering and construction industry
- Understanding of the power of technology to transform sectors, and inherent challenges
- Experience in interacting with news media and industry related blogs
Terms of Employment:
- Permanent, full time position with 40h per week
- Location: Vancouver, Kitsilano office, with partial remote work possible
- Annual salary depending on previous work experience and based on annual performance review
- Employee stock option plan
- Canada offers universal health care. We provide extended health insurance for dental and vision.
- Main work language is English
Application requirements – please submit all in one document:
- Application letter: Who are you? Why would you like to work for Intelligent City? What can you contribute? What can we do to support you? What questions do you have?
- Resume with your education, relevant experiences, skills, merits, awards (max. 2 pages)
- Two references, contact info and affiliation to you (employer, mentor or client)