Reporting to the CFO, the successful candidate will lead the budgeting and forecasting process, manage and update our financial models, help prepare costing information for large proposals, lead financial management reporting, and provide analysis and insight to help the leadership team make informed strategic decisions.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage complex multi-dimensional financial models supporting strategic plans, annual budgets, rolling forecasts, and scenario analysis.
- Execute on the weekly and monthly management reporting process, including dashboard development.
- Assist with government funding applications and monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis for the leadership team, investors, government funding partners, lenders, and the board of directors.
- Engage with team leaders across all areas of the business to ensure alignment, consolidate key financial metrics and improve company performance.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- 5+ years of experience in FP&A
- Experience developing dynamic Excel-based models.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Outstanding attention to detail, highly organized and rigorous
- A willingness to take responsibility and get involved across the business as necessary in a lean and efficient team.
- CPA or other professional accounting designation is a plus (CFA / MBA may be considered)
- Experience in dynamic, high-growth environments, preferably in the technology and/or property development, housing, or manufacturing industries
Terms of Employment:
- Full time position
- Location: Vancouver, Kitsilano office, with partial remote work and flexible work hours possible
- Salary depending on previous work experience.
- Benefits and employee stock option plan
Application requirements – please submit all in one document:
- Application letter: Who are you? Why would you like to work for Intelligent City? What can you contribute? What can we do to support you? What questions do you have?
- Resume with your education, relevant experiences, skills, merits, awards (max. 2 pages)
- Two references, contact info and affiliation to you (employer, mentor or client)
Intelligent City is a small but diverse team of talented people across gender and racial spectrums. In the same manner that we have designed our building system and housing typology with inclusivity, accessibility, and adaptability in mind, we strive to implement hiring and operational policies in line with best practices for diversity and inclusion. We believe that we can succeed only if our workplace culture is one where highly qualified people who voice a variety of creative and operational inputs are heard and appreciated. We hire and promote based on merit, competence, performance and business needs. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, ancestry, disability or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal or provincial laws.