Do you enjoy planning, making, and watching your day’s accomplishments unfold before your eyes? Do you want to be part of a team that is doing things that no one else has done before?
As a Manufacturing Engineer at Intelligent City, you’ll play a role in redefining how buildings are designed, built, and lived in by contributing to our robotic production processes, developing unique automation equipment, and working with our design team to develop our panelized construction platform. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that manufacturing improvement projects are executed on time, parts and assemblies produced meet quality targets, and production processes continuously improve.
At Intelligent City our motto is ‘Build Smarter. Live Better. Think Change.’ If this resonates with you, we encourage you to apply to join our team and help us build a better world!
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with our multidisciplinary team of engineers, architects, and designers to develop and improve our construction platform for manufacturability and ease of assembly
- Design, fabricate, and implement production equipment, processes, and tooling
- Design and implement a QA/QC process for our automated processes
- Document and report your work to both your immediate team and larger company organization
Required Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, or related field
- Exceptional engineering and analytical skills
- Familiarity with basic principles of design for manufacturing and assembly (DfMA)
- Experience with modern CAD software (Solidworks or similar)
- Proficient with root cause analysis and correction
- Interest in manufacturing technology
- Ability to effectively prioritize and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills
- Knowledgeable in technology such as industrial robotics and machine control, particularly ABB or Siemens
- Experience developing processes, fixtures, and assemblies for manufacture
- Experience collaborating with design engineers to optimize parts and processes for manufacture
- Experience working with automation integrators
- A motivated team player that will thrive in an organizationally young entrepreneurial environment
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time along with walking, sitting, repetitive movement, reaching (Including but not limited to above shoulder reaching), repetitive bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, leaning, and twisting.
- Able to lift 40 pounds
Terms of Employment:
- Permanent, full time position with 40h per week
- Location: Vancouver (office) and Delta (factory and office)
- Employee stock option plan
- Canada offers universal health care. We provide extended health insurance for dental and vision.
- Main work language is English
Application requirements – please submit all in one document:
- Application letter: Who are you? Why would you like to work for Intelligent City? What can you contribute? What can we do to support you? What questions do you have?
- Resume with your education, relevant experiences, skills, merits, awards (max. 2 pages)
- Optional: portfolio of work, clearly identifying your involvement and role (max. 20 pages)